Monday, April 27, 2009

Where Has April Gone?

I cannot believe April is nearly over with and I haven't done any blogging since the first few days of the month!!! It's been a whirlwind of a time around here lately. Gabby turned two on April 5th, then she got a new "big girl bed", and then there was Easter!

So... I do have a few selected pictures to show you.

This first one is of a Grammy and BaPa who couldn't be more in love with this little one {and each other as far as that goes!!!:)}





We, of course, had a birthday bash with all the family here. Gabby got a new bike from Pappy {that's my dad} and some sunglasses that she loves to wear indoors and out!




I had to include this picture of my youngest nephew, Brendan, so you would all think Jimmy Hendricks is still alive and well! { I mean ... why not?... if Elvis is still alive, why not Jimmy?} He's wearing Gabby's glasses and Chelsea's belt.



Also, just so you know all of the household dogs are still naughty as ever, this is a picture of Sophie scavenging for any cake crumbs on the table after I had cleared it and wiped it off. She may be a dog, but she still has the female sugar loving gene!

Gabby is now sleeping in her "big girl" bed upstairs where it belongs. When my dad first brought it over in his truck though, we parked it in the front room where she jumped right in and started dictating which movie she wanted put in the DVD player! We knew we better get that sucker upstairs before this became her version of a "man in a recliner with a couple of remotes"!!!

My dad always hides Easter eggs in my backyard for all the grandkids {YES~ my grown up daughters still run around searching frantically, giggling all the while, in hunt of their specific color of eggs!} After they were done Gabby had her own hunt {with a little help from Mommy and Aunt Hilary}.



In the midst of all these other activities, we're still working on the whole potty training thing. Some days are good and then some days .... WELL... let's just say Gabby is OFFICIALLY two years old and lavishly invokes her right to use the word "NO!!!" as often as she deems necessary. {Notice there is no toilet paper on the holder. I have to remove it, and the box of Kleenex from the back of the toilet, every time the princess takes her seat on the throne, or it ALL ends up in the toilet the second I turn my back!}




As for me, LIFE IS GOOD! I'm still knitting and crocheting up a storm {mostly for other people} and teaching my Monday night class at the coffee shop with its mixture of knitters and crocheters, plus a crochet class at my house on Tuesday nights. I love teaching so much that I'm actually getting ready to go through the program to get my teaching certification for both knitting and crocheting.

Oh! I do have to leave you with a couple more pictures so you can see I did manage to whip up something for Gabby over the weekend.




















I've missed you all so very much! It feels good to be back again.
Happy knitting, crocheting, tea~sipping, or whatever else you are all into these days!

Though I've been taking a break from my computer lately, you have all been on my mind, in my heart and in my prayers. Thanks to those of you who have e-mailed or called me recently just to make sure I'm still amongst the living! May you all be blessed!

15 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I just love that poncho...so cute!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

BECKY said...

Oh Danette, I am so glad you are back here with us!! I have missed you so!!

It is wonderful to see Gabby, hubby and gang all doing well!!!
And you're not only pretty inside, but very pretty outside, too!!

I adore the pic of Gabby w/shades on the potty!! Too cute!!

And that little poncho is precious on that little cupcake!! You do such nice work! Love the color combo!!

Well, I could write a book to you, but I'll stop here, my friend.

Blessings for a great week, and a few big (((HUGS)))
Becky

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

So great to see a new post from you, Danette! Thanks for sharing all these great pictures from happy family days. Love the picture of you and hubby with that precious Gabby! And Gabby is so cute with that "big girl bed" and the darling poncho you made for her!

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

It's so good to see you back Danette
I have missed you too!

Aw I love the picture of Grammy and Bapa with the lil princess!
She is so precious!
{We are potty training Miss Emma too}

Hugz & Blessings,
Dolly

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Wonderful recap of April! Love all the pictures, but especially those with Gabby in her new sunglasses :) Tres Chic

Glad everything is going well and you were just taking a break ~ we all need a break from computers occasionally!

Kathy said...

yeah your back!! Is it just me or does Gabby look like she has grown? her hair is so gorgeous and it looks so much longer! Hey, I know all about the toilet paper usage (thing). Ryan does the same thing, and toilet paper isnt cheap any more and it is no fun plunging. I just love how you just "whipped up" that adorable poncho.SHOW OFF!! I couldnt even whip butter that fast. You are amazing ! Love all your photos, you and Scott look as adorable as Gabby! Love You! Kathy

The French Bear said...

Danette, that little Miss Sweetie looks so big!! she is just so cute!!! I love the poncho, and her darling glasses!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Glad to see you back, you've been gone too long!!! Great pics of your grandbabies!!! Adorable. Sounds like you've been quite the busy bee!!! We've missed you.
♥ Teresa

Unknown said...

Little Miss Thing makes the perfect model! That poncho is beautiful! I'm right there with ya on the "where did April go?" question. I feel a little overwhelmed!

What a cute pic of the three of you (grammy, gabby and bapa) :)

~Liz

Kathy said...

HAPPY MAY DAY, TO ALL!!

Sandra said...

Yippee! Danette is back! :o) April sounded like a busy month for you. It seemed to whiz by for me, too. I haven't been blogging as much as I wanted to in April either so don't feel bad.

Love all the photos...Gabby in the sweet poncho...oh, and the dog on the table...what a clever pup!

Have a great weekend.

Becky said...

Minor technical difficulites (also known as "operator errors") have kept me from commenting here. But I'm back now :)

How great to see the April pictures! The little poncho is even more adorable on!! And look at those little ringlet curls on Gabby!

Love, love, love you!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BECKY said...

You are MIA again, and I'm missing you again!!

Hope all is well...you're in my thoughts and prayers, sweet friend!!

Blessings and HUGS!!
Becky

Monica said...

Oh my gosh...that is the CUTEST Potty picture I have ever seen! Gabby is adorable!