Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Joy of My Heart

"Christmas promotes the joy of your heart." I heard Pastor David Jeremiah make this simple, but profound, statement in a sermon I was listening to on television. Scott always has him on every Sunday morning as we girls are still getting ready for church. (He's always ready ahead of us, of course!).
We have recieved so many unexpected blessings from friends & family this year that my heart is definitely full of joy! God touches our lives in new and wondrous ways through the beloved people He has given us. He has left fresh fingerprints all over our hearts and souls by touching us with His lovingkindness through some precious loved ones as this December has been special to us not only because of Christmas, but also because we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on the 17th of the month.

I hope all of you have been blessed this season with unexpected delights as well! I pray that in all the hussle bussle you have had quiet moments of listening to the Voice of the Savior and tender moments with your loved ones.
I love the way Max Lucado's book, "Cosmic Christmas" opens:
"Gabriel."
"Just the sound of my King's voice stirred my heart."

Let the sound of His voice stir your hearts and promote great joy. Not just during this holdiay season, but all through the year!

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit." Psalm 51:12

"Splendor and majesty are before Him;
strength and joy are in His place." 1 Chronicles 16: 27

6 comments:

carey said...

Amen! I love your Christmas pictures! What did you get in that stack of presents?

Danette said...

Let's see...
I got a couple of sweaters. You know me & my cardigans! (Of course I still like to run around the house in my gray "old man" sweater). I also got some darling snow man earrings, a few tea things &... well...what else?

Kathy said...

Such beautiful words! I am truly speechless

Danette said...

Oh ~ I remember!
The bag held a great big beautiful blown glass ornament with an etched snowflake from Baby Sister.
Mmm, Mmm, Mmm!

And as for You, Kathy~
You've never been speechless a day in your life! (Guess we really are birds of a feather!)

Kathy said...

YUP!

Danette said...

Oh Kathy~ I Love Ya!!!!!