Tuesday, November 4, 2008

For The Love Of Red




Red roses, red nail polish, red lipstick, red clothing, red yarn... I love it all! I just love red! Even my vintage white enameled kitchen table has little red vines, hearts, and scrollwork designs covering it. It was love at first sight the day I discovered it tucked into a back corner of an antique mall about ten years ago. Had To Have It!!!

Every now and then red shows up at the end of my knitting needles or crochet hook. Here are just a few samples of my romance with red. The heart placemat was knit from a rose covered Waverly fabric cut into a long continuous strip and hand rolled into a ball. Just the ball is pretty sitting in a basket with a pair of knitting needles . If you've never knit with fabric, give it a try. It's fun and I love the finished product.If you'll look real close you can see I also have an occasional fixation with the feather and fan stitch. It shows up in my work almost as often as those splashes of red do. The scarf pictured here is another bit of "unfinished business" that will probably eventually find its way to my Etsy shop. And the crocheted capelet is actually my personal one but there is one just like it for sale on Hand Knits That Blossom.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*When in doubt, wear red. - Bill Blass

*Red is the ultimate cure for sadness. - Bill Blass

*When your eye is caught by color, indulge! - Bob Stein

Your blog is very patriotic today!
Love,
Becky