Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tea Time

I love tea time and all the pretty things that go along with it! There's nothing like a steaming pot of tea covered with a special cozy on a winter afternoon. My daughters and I enjoy a pot together often. I also love having friends in to share a relaxing cup of tea with because conversation often flows better over a fragrant pot of tea.
Tea cozies are a wonderful way to keep the tea hot while making an ordinary day feel like a special occasion. And what teapot really wants to be naked anyway?! These are my two favorite cozies. I have several rose covered ones for sale but as of yet haven't finished a cottage cozy for my shop (coming soon, hopefully!).

















Here's a favorite cookie recipe that is perfect for tea time:

Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies

1 cup salted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour

Cream together butter and sugar. Add vanilla; mix well. Sift flour and add to butter mixture a little at a time. Mix well. Roll dough into walnut sized pieces and dip in flour then press onto ungreased cookie sheet. *I use an antique cut glass sugar bowl with a pretty design on the bottom to press the cookies down. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Yeild: 2 dozen. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If there's one thing I hate, it's a naked tea cozy. Wouldn't a bag of those cookies tied with ribbon & tucked inside a tea cozy make a cute gift? I hope you share more of your fun recipes in future blogs.
Hugs,
Becky