Sunday, December 28, 2008

They Know Me Well!


My friends and family know me well!
They all know how crazy I am about snowmen &
snowflakes. (And Tea, Tea Things & ... more Tea!).

My Girlfriend Karen made these TOO DIE FOR! snow people for me out of vintage bottles and fun stuff. (Look out Martha Stewart!) The snow lady has her tongue sticking out to catch the snowflakes. Actually, she was going to press two of the little pink things in to make lips when her six year old son Marcus came along & asked why her tongue was sticking out and before she could answer he said, " I know why, it's so she can catch snowflakes on her tongue!" Well, what was originally destined to be a couple of lips ended up being a tongue. I mean, how cute is that?!
Everything is always better when seen through the eyes of a child.

The gorgeous, sparkly snowman earrings were a gift from my sister, Bridget. A lady she works with brought in some jewelry her sister made & before anyone else could get any ideas about the ONLY PAIR of snowman earrings, my ever faithful sister hollered, " Don't anyone TOUCH those snowman earrings ~ I HAVE TO HAVE those for my sister!!!" Way to go Little Sister!:) I'll probably still be wearing them for my birthday in June! (One of the nice things about being 40 plus ~ we have more of a tendency to do what we want).

The lovely electric tea kettle (that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!) was a gift from my Dad, along with a case of my favorite cinnamon stick tea!:) And that absolutely WONDERFUL cable knit mug (straight from Starbucks ~ no less!) is from Becky to her "Monday night teacher". The picture doesn't do the mug justice. The texture is GREAT!
And the last picture is a fine example of that whole layered look that Gabby so prefers!


Thanks to all of you for the many delightful gifts & moments you have bestowed upon me this Christmas Season! I love you ALL so very much!!!
I leave you with a quote from C.S Lewis for you to ponder and do with what you will:
"Delight is incomplete until it is expressed."

3 comments:

Becky said...

Problem: What's a girl to do when she has so many cute clothes she loves to wear?
Solution: Why, wear them all at the same time, of course!

Danette said...

What a FINE solution. Now I see why you and Gabby get on so well together!

Becky said...

Great minds DO think alike, especially when one is a not-quite two-year-old and the other is a willing accomplice and open to suggestion!