Saturday, January 17, 2009

Making Things Blossom


First of all, I must tell you, the lovely knitting done on the poncho Hilary is wearing was the work of someone elses hands. It was made using a gorgeous Japanese hand painted wool by Noro. A few days ago the girls from Ewenique Yarns contacted me with a finishing job. A customer of theirs brought the poncho in and asked if they knew anyone who could crochet. A friend of hers made the garment for her for Christmas and once she put it on they realized it needed some length added to it. They thought a crocheted border would be just the thing and I always agree with that! I've said before how much I LOVE to combine knitting and crocheting. They compliment one another so beautifully. And you know how I love, love, love to make all things blossom!!:) So, I added one of my favorite borders of crocheted violets. It's actually the same stitch in the "Like a French Melody" capelet for sale on my Etsy shop. I'm crazy about these sweet little flowers. Besides giving the item the extra length needed, they pretty the whole thing up so much. As Hans Christian Andersen said:

"Just living is not enough...
One must have sunshine freedom and a little flower."
So I like to scatter them everywhere possible! Blossoms of every kind are especially wonderful on these cold winter days while we wait for Spring, with its promise of freedom and sunny days, to come to us once again.
"May there be abundance of grain in the land;
on the tops of the mountains may it wave;
may its fruit be like Lebanon;
and may people blossom in the cities
like the grass of the field!

May His name endure forever,
His fame continue as long as the sun!
May people be blessed in Him,
all nations call Him blessed!

Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel,
who alone does wondrous things.
Blessed be His glorious name forever;
may the whole earth be filled with his glory!
Amen and Amen!" Psalm 72:16-19

Don't you just love the part about people "blossoming in the cities like the grass of the field"?!
My prayer is that God makes me blossom wherever I am so I can be "the fragrance of Christ to those who are being saved and those who are perishing." (2Corinthians 2:15)

No comments: