Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Work in Progress

Today I'm working on a lovely lacey cowl for my Etsy shop. It's being knit up in the round on some of my favorite Addi Turbo needles. The Sublime yarn of extra fine merino wool, silk, and cashmere glides along beautifully on these slick needles. I love the rich plum color! Knitting with smooth needles and silky soft yarn is a pure delight. I feel like I'm being pampered while creating something luxurious for someone else. Look for this "Fields of Lace" cowl on my shop sometime next week (because, of course, I have several other projects in the making as well!).

Just a tip--- Whenever I hand ball a skein of yarn I put it in this pretty vintage Chinese bowl to keep it from rolling away from me. It's just one more way of enhancing the whole wonderful experience.

On a Personal Note

There's been a little bumble bee buzzing around my work area the last couple of days! Gabby was so excited with her costume that she had to put it back on over her jammies first thing this morning.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gabby is just too adorable! Look at those curls peeking out from under her bee hat! What a ray of sunshine she is!